Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Book Binding Technique from LittleMissStamper on Youtube


Ok, I love this soda tab binding technique but with this album I put together  I didn't have to go to such lengths because the pages were already in page protectors. All I did was make the front and back covers and spine out of chipboard and cover them in patterned paper. Two holes were placed in the spine to match
the holes in the page protectors. Also you have to make sure to cut the chipboard at least1/2" longer than the length of the entire page protector so it won't show when the book is closed.  I used two pieces of ribbon (one for each hole). I tied all the page protectors together with a knot in the ribbon and then took the hole through the spine of the chipboard and tied a knot. Check out LittleMissStamper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizN_jG7DkA&list=FLVS4VeyDycEFom0J8qeYBCw&index=8&feature=plpp_video. She has 3 different videos to help with soda top binding.  
This photo shows you the ribbon binding up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I began my papercrafting journey when someone from work invited me to a Stampin UP party. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make something so beautiful. As I went to different workshops, people began to bring their different projects to the parties and one time a lady brought her scrapbook! OMG!!!! It was love at first sight. I didn't say a word. I just listened to what she said about it and how she did it and I began to just go into local craft stores and put the pieces together and the rest is history. Because this love of mine began before I married or had children, I was able to document a great deal of what has happened over the past ten years. I am so thankful for this love of paper crafting. It has gone from card making to scrapbooking, to book making to clay crafts to paper jewelry and combinations of the like!